Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 13 weeks pregnant and my doctor wants me to decide if I want to try for a vbac or schedule a cesearan. Her advice was the c-section but she said she would support my decision. My first son was born c-section. I was 41 1/2 weeks and they induced labor. I went in at 8:00 a.m. and they broke my water at 10:30 a.m.. At 11;30 p.m. I still hadn't dilated past 6. They recommended the c-section and my son was delivered at 12;50 a.m. the next morning. His heart rate had dipped a couple of times through labor and was born distressed. He is a healthy boy. She feels I will fail to progress again and because of the circumstances of his birth I should probably not try a vbac just to end up with another c-section. I don't know what to do? I want to do the best for my child. My first son was born a year ago. Has anyone been in this situation and what did you do and how did it turn out?