Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am helping support a momma emotionally (she is a friend) on her VBAC journey. Her first birth was a hospital transfer homebirth end in c-section, with 12 weeks of IV antibiotic for post op. infection (nightmare)

She will be 40wks on Wed. with #2. Her care provider ( OB) was supportive of "letting her try" but she was checked on Friday and has been labled "no progress" (thye told her the cervix is long, firm, and no dialation) and she is being pushed to schedule. I can't find information on being post date and risk elvation or odds for UR. They are scaring her with the "big baby" (it's a girl estimated at 8lbs) and that her odds of UR "greatly" increase.

I have been skimming the internet, old posts, and the ICAN website. I have contacted ICAN - but didn't get a response. Does anyone here have any thoughts or resources I can tap into?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
25,599 Posts
I'm just getting ready to go out, but see if you can find the Landon study. He did a large VBAC study in...2004, I think? To the best of my recollection, he didn't find any association between macrosomnia or post-dates and UR...although he did find an association between both those things and a higher VBAC failure rate (whether that's inherent in post-dates or macrosomia, or reflects caregiver biases is impossible to say, of course).

Good luck!

·
Registered
552 Posts
You might want to look into evening primrose? Supposed to do wonders to ripen the cervix, but I think you need to use it for a few weeks to get a lot of benefit. Still, it is worth a shot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.