Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
hmmm....I buy Green and Black's hot cocoa mix and add a few tablespoons to soy milk heating on the stove

My favorite hot cocoa is made by simply heating up chocolate flavoured Almond Breeze almond milk (yummy!!!!), but I can't buy it where I am living anymore...(should be easy to find in the states)

If I was desperate for hot cocoa and didn't have any of the above options, I would use some baking cocoa and sugar added to taste in heated soymilk (don't boil the soymilk)

I hope that helped even a little

·
Premium Member
3,471 Posts
Do you drink soy milk? I used to use Soy Dream because that tasted the best to me.

Dissolve one tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp. good cocoa, and two tbsps. soy milk in a saucepan Use a whisk to beat those ingredients together till frothy. Add one cup of soy milk and 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract. Continue to whisk until the hot cocoa just boils.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I wrote this recipe and made vegan hot chocolate in canisters for a bunch of people in my family a few years ago. http://veganrecipes.revolutionweb.or...chocolate.html (you can use white sugar in place of the fructose, but put a bit extra because fructose is sweeter)

Now I can't even be bothered with that because I never have soy milk powder. I just slowly heat up plain soy milk on the stove, adding cocoa and sugar to taste (maybe 1-2 tb cocoa and 4-6 tb sugar per 1.5 cup soy milk), and stirring constantly til it's all mixed together.

When I'm really lazy, I just heat up chocolate soy milk on the stove; but the recipe above tastes more like the stuff I had when I was a kid so I prefer it.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
I have a vegan cocoa mix from Whole Foods that I sometimes mix into hot soymilk/rice milk.
But recently I've been lazy, and my kids want it so often, that I just buy chocolate enriched Rice Dream, (I mix 1/3 chocolate flavour, and 2/3 of the vanilla flavour) and heat in the microwave
: .

- Krista

1 - 8 of 8 Posts