Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>hey guys! im hosting a party this weekend for my office staff, at my home. im the only veg, but since its at my house, im doing it vegan, cause i can! :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I need some ideas for yummy snacky-type foods. i think ill make the standard hummus and guacamole, and im also pretty good at eggless mini-quiches. the thing is, i dont have alot of time to cook. but, i still want to impress.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>any ideas are appreciated!</p>
<p>happy holidays</p>

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
<p>Costco has vegan spring rolls in the freezer section, and they are freaking awesome. Samosa quesadillas? (<a href="http://www.yourveganmom.com/your_vegan_mom/2010/04/samosa-quesadillas-and-creamy-mango-salad-dressing.html" target="_blank">http://www.yourveganmom.com/your_vegan_mom/2010/04/samosa-quesadillas-and-creamy-mango-salad-dressing.html</a>) Or buy a bunch of frozen, premade samosas - you can find them cheap at Indian grocery stores, and they are usually vegan. Falafel is exciting, hearty, and omni friendly. Pitas, hummus, chips, guac, check. Don't forget sweets! I like cookies and brownies for something like this.</p>

·
Registered
674 Posts
<p>we just had a party... i made some homemade popcorn and you could fancy it up with fun toppings. nut yeast, chili powder, cin sugar etc.</p>
<p>the crudite plate went well asparagus, radishes, endive, sugar snap peas and fingerling potatoes. the dip was mayo, yogurt and soy sauce.... but you could veganize easy</p>
<p>i also had clementines all around the table that looked pretty and were tasty too.</p>
<p>have fun</p>

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
<p>a party popcorn or fancy warm spiced roasted nuts are yummy and simple.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>black bean dip (could be warmed) or even simple chili-dip (say, with a vegan cream cheese mixed in) would be a hearty option.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I made a really excellent tempeh 'sausage' puff once too (I believe from a vegan brunch cookbook - by the veganomicon ladies) that was really good - readymade pastry, easy seasoned tempeh mix that you could make in advance too.</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts