Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a vegetarian for 6 years, but now that I'm cutting gluten, dairy, and soy out of my diet... well I'm getting really sick of rice and vegetables.
Has anyone ever gone from being vegetarian back to eating meat? I'll probably be sticking to poultry, but I'm a little worried about how well I'll be able to digest it after not having it for so long.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
I was vegetarian for 10 years, DH for 15, when we found local farms that raise meat animals in way that I find acceptable. I didn't have any problems digesting it but I took it nice and slow and only ate the meat that appealed to me (chicken I'm still having problems with).

·
Premium Member
31,346 Posts
I was veg and then vegan before I went back to meat. It really wasn't a problem going back to meat, other than craving all the things I'd given up so I kinda made up for lost time LOL

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I was vegan and vegetarian before I omitted gluten, soy, and dairy. Now I added fish back in my diet. I've always been veg b/c I think it's healthier, not because of the "poor animals" so I'm still keeping away from meat, but I think low-mercury fish is a very healthy "meat" option.

I completely understand though with so many restrictions. It's very hard. We eat a lot of rice and beans

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I know a few vegetarians who found the transition easist by starting with homemade bone broth in soups, and then slowly easing into bigger and bigger peices of meat.

(also there are folks who regularly post on the TF forum about transitioning from veg to meat, they might have lots of advice as well).

I'm sorry you are finding your diet so limited.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.