Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I, um, have spider veins and varicose veins. They are the ONLY part of my body that I do not deal well with.<br><br>
Well, over the past couple of days, I feel the veins in my right leg more. I have "Varicosity" by Wish Garden Herbs and was using it, but I had slacked off and now I feel the pain, literally. I have started back up and I am pulling my pg yoga DVD, plus adding walking.<br><br>
Basically, does anyone else have the same problem? What do you do? Are you seeing MWs or OBs? What do they say about it? Does anyone have any sage advice to help?<br><br>
TIA!<br>
Lisa

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Well, Lisa, I work for an office where we actually destroy spider veins with a laser. So, I can tell you that the dr's recommend propping your legs, wearing compression stockings (which are pricey and I've heard uncomfortable).<br><br>
And, if they bother you a lot. It would be worth exploring sclerotherapy or laser spider vein removal. some office have found success in getting insurance to pay if the veins are really uncomfortable and can prevent working (if you work.)<br><br>
GL!

·
Registered
205 Posts
does anyone know any way to prevent them? my mother had them really bad and i know it's hereditary and i'd like to avoid getting it. will vitamin E do anything?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Steph, is the laser treatment horribly expensive? This is something I have been thinking of doing for a long time. I am really self conscious about the way my legs look because of the spider veins.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
robynee - well, it really depends on your location. We live in a smaller community, so our prices reflect that. But, our facility charges $150 for 30 minutes and generally, 30 minutes will cover mild/moderate leg veins on both legs (depending on how fast the dr can work.) Usually, 2-3 treatments are needed, so total would be about 450.00 here and then there are compression stockings to buy which usually run anywhere from 60-125 depending on what style you choose. Total outlay 575.00.<br><br>
The good thing about this treatment is that EACH treatment is scheduled 8-12 weeks apart, so it really gives the person a chance to save up some money between treatments and pay as you come.<br><br>
If you want to know more, let me know. We've seen amazing results.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>YiddisheMama</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">does anyone know any way to prevent them? my mother had them really bad and i know it's hereditary and i'd like to avoid getting it. will vitamin E do anything?</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
Wearing compression hose will help (esp when pregnant). Vit E won't do anything.

·
Registered
477 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>peilover010202</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">Total outlay 575.00.</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
Wow! That is way less than I expected. Time to start saving! Thanks for the info!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts