Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm almost 39 weeks. I'll be 39 weeks on Tuesday. We're at WalMart doing our weekly grocery shopping, and my mom calls. "You're OUT? I'm surprised you're feeling up to going out" WTF?!?!?!?!?!? Then last night I get lambasted by some old lady in one of the AOL chats I frequent lecturing me about how "I shouldn't be doing yardwork" right now. Are YOU gonna come prune my bushes, bitch? I didn't think so. There is work to be done and someone's gotta do it. My arms and legs aint broke, and as long as I aint in labor, I'm gonna be the one doing the work!

PREGNANCY IS A NORMAL PART OF THE FEMALE HUMAN EXPERIENCE! IT IS NOT A DISEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I'm six days past my due date and we've been going about life as normal. You should see the look on people's faces when we're at the park or shopping and I tell them I'm past my due date! They all think I should be in the house, I guess. No way! I'm stir crazy enough being past due. If I sat in the house and didn't go anywhere, it would be even worse.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Oh, I could add a vent! Today at church I dropped dd off at the toddler room to play during the service. One of the preschool coordinators was asking me when I was due. When I told her "This Thursday" her automatic response was "Are going to get induced?" "No, I'm not into that" I told her. Dh and I were walking toward the service and I told him "Maybe my response to that should always be...." and he interrupted with "no, the baby will come when it is ready." I laughed, and said, "No, I was thinking of saying that no, I won't do an induction because it will double my risk of uterine rupture" (I'm a VBACer). He laughed and said "OK, Debbie Downer" .... you know from SNL? I laughed all the way to our seats. We love SNL and that character is always making comments about depressing things. He helped me laugh off the comments. So now whenever someone mentions inductions I'll think of Debbie Downer.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by writermommy
I'm six days past my due date and we've been going about life as normal. You should see the look on people's faces when we're at the park or shopping and I tell them I'm past my due date! They all think I should be in the house, I guess. No way! I'm stir crazy enough being past due. If I sat in the house and didn't go anywhere, it would be even worse.
: I just wish I had more energy to do even more things. Its not like Im going to have an opportunity to go to the yarn store (or whatever) for awhile after the babe is born. I feel like I should take advantage of my freedom now-despite what others think.

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
*chuckles* I just thought of something....I should go out somewhere when I'm in early labor and try to get someone to ask about the pregnancy. "Oh I'm in labor right now". I'd LOVE to see the look on someone's face if I told them that!

For the record, this baby feels like its going to fall out. I wish I would just go into labor already.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama Poot
Are YOU gonna come prune my bushes, bitch? I didn't think so. There is work to be done and someone's gotta do it. My arms and legs aint broke, and as long as I aint in labor, I'm gonna be the one doing the work!
AMEN! I'm 38 weeks, dropping in from the August DCC... was at Costco last week & this woman with 2 kids under the age of 5 with her said to me "that's a really heavy cart for a pregnant woman to push".

I was just dumb struck... I wasn't quick a enough to ask her who did her shopping while she was pregnant!!!! ACK!!!! Why can't people let US be the judge of what we should & shouldn't do?!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts