Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need to vent now. My family doesn't like my fiiance. They seem to think he is an abusive, brainwashing control freak. They seem to think he tells me what to do and that I can't see or talk to my family. That is certainly not true. i talk to my mom everyday.And yes, she has told me she does not like him but it's ok because it is my life. My sistersare a wholeother story. My middle sister won't talk to me anymore because she thinks my fiance is abusive. Well, she is a hypocrite because her bf physically and verbally abusive to her. He hit her with the xmas tree while she was holding my 4 month old niece and still took him back. My youngest sister disowned me cause I won't do what she says. now she is trying to start a fight with me on facebook by leaving me snide comments about how i am a mooch (I am a SAHM), and I am not "real". She is leaving comments about how she would never put her family last, yet she is getting married next month. Instead of asking one of her sisters to be the maid of honor, she asked her friend. Instead of having our mother walk her down the aisle she asked her friends dad. She gave our mother the job of picture taker. Our mom raised us..by herself. I think my family is being unreasonable and selfish. They haven't even taken the time to get to know my finace. If they did, they would find he is awesome...a caring wonderful funny guy. Not this monster they all seem to think he is.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Try not to let it bother you. If you know in your heart that they are wrong about your fiance and the character of the family members who dislike him is questionable, then you don't need them to like him.<br><br>
My BILs thinks that I control dh and that I don't let him do anything, when in reality he doesn't hang out w/them much bc he has a family now and bc they make bad choices that dh doesn't agree with. Oh well, they can think w/e they want.<br><br>
My sister doesn't like my dh but she doesn't know him at all. They have spent a couple of hrs together a couple of times. It doesn't bother me bc I know how wonderful my dh is (and so does everyone who knows him, including my parents) and considering some of the questionable choices she has made recently.....well, let's just say that her uninformed opinion doesn't matter a whole lot to me.<br><br>
Tell your family that you love your fiance, it's your life, and to drop it. If they don't, it's not bc they don't like your fiance, it's bc they don't have very much respect for you.<br><br>
GL!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts