Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have this while pg? Yesterday morning I awoke & stood up & had to grab furniture to keep from falling over. I managed to crawl downstairs, puke & get myself some oj & lay on the couch. I puked up the oj & then the coffee & laid on the couch spinning like I had drank 5 beers & done a few too many shots - kwim? It wasn't a low blood sugar type of dizziness & I didn't puke from nausea - does that make sense? I didn't feel sick to my stomach, I think it was from being dizzy. Every time I tried to walk, I felt like my equilibrium was way off & I kept falling to my right - weird, huh? I called my ob who said to lay down for a while & see if it went away & if not to come to the ER. He asked if I'd ever had high blood pressure which I haven't. I have an appt. on Wed & the babe's been movong like crazy & I'm feeling better today so I'm not terribly concerned. I can't help thinking "What if I was driving with my little girls in the car or something?"

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have never been pregnant but did have vertigo once...it was awful. I was nauseas the rest of the day. I never had it again.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I had vertigo after childbirth last time... do a search here or via google for BPV or BPPV--benign positional vertigo or benign positional paroxysmal vertigo (if I'm recalling the spelling etc. correctly). I hope that's what you have. It's an inner ear thing (diagnosed by ENT dr.), and it can usually be corrected by one or another pretty simple head positioning exercise.<br><br>
Vertigo can also be caused by viruses...<br><br>
Even though vertigo really sucks, it can be caused by pretty "harmless" stuff.<br><br>
If it crops up again, I'd call an ENT.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts