Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
You also use a 3 step zig zag stitch for the elastic.
They are very simple, you do need to take off 1-2 inches in the stride for a proper fit though but definitely good for a beginner and I think it's worth it to make your own diapers.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I made 17 true AIOs using the birdseye/PUL. I love them! Great sewing project. You can check out the diaper making forum for lots more discussion! I wish I had time for more diaper sewing.

For fabric you could start with the basic birdseye and experiment later. I just look around at the specs of other brands I like and go from there.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisabc311
Thank you for posting this! I was wondering the same thing.

So a beginner really can sew these?!

And, I tried to buy a pattern and they are out of them. Any idea of when they will be getting more?
A beginner can sew them, because I did! I had not sewn much at all in my life and was able to make 6 with little problem. The first couple I did had little puckers, etc., but they got better as I went along. I
them! I am getting ready to make some larges (my mom is embroidering them for me
)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisabc311

And, I tried to buy a pattern and they are out of them. Any idea of when they will be getting more?
I was affraid of that, were you at diapershop.com? I haven't tried ordering them yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.