1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
Very Baby extra small

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
I was just looking around... and Tykie's xs dipes are for 3-7.5 pounds!!!!! Now *that* is TINY!

Plus, if you ever get your hands on some... the smallest fitteds I ever owned were some FCB and LC size 0s. They were the 'older' style, I believe (which meant nothing to me since I had no 'newer style' ones... but I hear the older ones were smaller).

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
My frame of reference - #2 was 6.5lbs at birth, and too small for a lot of diapers. He had very little fat on him.

XS Very Babys are FABULOUS. Small enough, quick on/off, and very absorbent.

I loved simple contours and preemie prefolds for him.

Loveybums makes an excellent NB cover.

Nanipoos are super tiny but I didn't love the snaps on them.

My sugarplum baby newborn diaper fit better at 8.5-9lbs.

Happy shopping!

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tee-hee Thanks mamas! I have 2 bitty buns here and 3 more coming (ah crap that makes 5, I guess I'll have to find another one! :LOL ) And I have a couple NB mutts, some XS sandys (which look HUGE compared to the bitty buns) some xs FB, and some other random stuff...I just need a FEW more tiny ones

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
I really like nanipoos newborns and the snap issues went away after I snapped them together a few times to break them in... not open anymore though, check the tp out. I have like 18 of them that I have collected, but I know I won't be able to find many more, so I am keeping them!

righteousbaby.com sells the flams though, and they can come with velour inners...

·
Registered
473 Posts
Tykies!! Tykies tykies tykies! They thought Emme had IUGR, so we had TONS of xs/preemie dipes, and the tykies xs's fit her the best! They're super-stretchy too, I was able to put her in her going-home xs dipe for months after she was born!

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
Preemie fitteds from It Is Sew Organic

Newborn contours from Calgiz78 on ebay

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2sweetgrrls
Tykies!! Tykies tykies tykies! They thought Emme had IUGR, so we had TONS of xs/preemie dipes, and the tykies xs's fit her the best! They're super-stretchy too, I was able to put her in her going-home xs dipe for months after she was born!

YES!!! toddler dd came home at under 4lbs, and they were big on her, but SO PERFECT when she hit 5 lbs or so! (and they still, but just barely, fit infant dd at 12lb)

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by todzwife
Tee-hee Thanks mamas! I have 2 bitty buns here and 3 more coming (ah crap that makes 5, I guess I'll have to find another one! :LOL )
But, are they the Itty Bitty Buns or just the small bitty bun? And... I second Barbara... the OV are to die for!!!

Here's my link from a couple days ago... lots of good suggestions there, too... http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=299447

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
NB Snapdragons are very tiny.
I have 5 of them and I hope this baby is teeny tiny so he/she can wear these fabulous diapers! :LOL XS VB's are also pretty tiny which someone has already mentioned. And I love, love, love, my nb SPB's. If I *needed* more nb sizes I'd be buying up all of those.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Shandelle -
CONGRATS HONEY!!!!! I'm thrilled for you

I wouldn't bother with KL 0! Sophie was 7lb11oz and they were huge on her and don't absorb worth a squat
I wish I'd been more "frivilous" and gotten WAHM NB dipes but I was trying to be frugal....

FWIW, Caleb was 6lb2oz and was 3 weeks early, then went down to 5'13. We all thought I'd have another early one with all the contractions I had again but she held out till 2 days before her due date and was a pound and a half bigger than C and only lost 3 oz! Friends got me preemie outfits for her that I never used
I guess you never can tell what size they'll bee....

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Well...Makenzie wasnt massively tiny at birth and yet all the little little diapers didnt start fitting her nicely until 2 weeks or so and she was 7lbs 11oz 20 inches....not tiny, not large, about average. Although my kids do have petite frames so maybe that makes a difference.

XS OLD style El Bees fit her very well at so young, newer style were waaay too big.

VB XS AIOs were still a bit big but fit her better than any other AIO in the beginning and actually was the diaper she came home in.

OLD STYLE FCB and LC (I preferred LC) Size 0 were even big but fit better than most anything.

Dipes I thought were too big were:
KHW (still too big unless Im using it wrong, lol)
New style FCB (fit awesome once they fit at about 2 weeks)
New style El Bee
FLAM (for about 1.5 wks)
FCB AIOs (until 1.5wks)
most ALL covers I have are still too big.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts