Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Hi Ladies!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This will be my first "official" post in this forum.  I have lurked  bit, and I think posted in one thread a few weeks ago.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am on day 35 of my cycle, and have been getting BFNs until this morning.  I finally got a BFP (which I was expecting, because I'm never late and we were actively TTC)!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The BFNs all came off of a dollar store test, so I think I have lost faith in those!  Today's positive test was a Clear Blue.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Melanie</p>

·
Registered
555 Posts
<p>Congrats on finally getting your BFP!  I had a friend who didn't get a BFP until 17 dpo, it was crazy.</p>

·
Premium Member
14,501 Posts
<p>was todays test dark?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I only ask because clearblue has been known to give convincing false positives...and I tend to believe dollar store tests over them :/</p>

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
<p>I am also a fan of dollar store verses clear blue. Clear blue has a bad record for false positives.</p>
<p>Do you know when you o'd? It sounds like you just o'd late in your cycle and are waiting for the hcg to show (or not).</p>
<p>This time I got a bfp at 11dpo on a dollar store test and I can't typically test early at all.</p>

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
<p>I know a ton of people in the USA who swear by Dollar Store tests. but from what I can tell, the ones that say, Dollarama carries in Canada, are not nearly as good.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Today is the first day that I got a really clear positive on my Dollarama tests. I'm 17dpo. I got a positive on a CBE Digital at 14dpo. My 12dpo Dollarama test was inconclusive, and my 14 dpo Dollarama test was a very, very faint BFP.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sundance_11: Maybe try a FRER?</p>

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<p>My dollar store tests were from Dollarama, in Canada.  I did some googling, and didn't find wonderful reviews.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The Clear Blue was dark, and I'm pretty sure it is a *real* positive, because like I said earlier, I was hoping/expecting it...and I've NEVER been this late for AF in all my life.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I had 7 tests from the dollar store, and have been using them every second day from about 9 dpo on, and they're all the same--blatantly negative.</p>

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
<p>Sundance_11: Go get a FRER! Or a CBE Digital :) I am not a fan of the Dollarama ones at all - I would not trust those results. I'm not sure I would trust the regular CB either, so I would get a "tie breaker" test :)</p>

·
Registered
325 Posts
<p>I never get a BFP until 13 DPO and this is pregnancy number 6!</p>
<p>Good luck with your pg!</p>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts