1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Good morning to everyone and thank you for reading my post.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>DS is an extremely spirited little man. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I wanted to ask mamas here their opinions. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>DS has no problems while out socially to go up to other folks and literally jump in their laps, ask to be picked up and will love on these people for a min or two and then off to mama. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>He doesn't do this with everyone, seems to happen with folks that are warm and seem to have a spirited presence about them. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Ok...  although I am happy he is social, it kinda creeps me out (stranger danger).  I find folks are really taken back by it but completely love the fact a LO is so loving and are so very appreciative that he "made their day" as I am biting my nails!!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>DS is still breastfeeding, very attached to his mama and papa, born at home, non-vax'd/circ'd, knows 25 or so ASL signs and is highly energetic and we wear/carry him.  We are not too social in our home (don't entertain often) but I have always taken him to social times with other children (groups) and he always seems to run the show.  Took him to a new library childrens time on Monday and while every other LO was sitting in mama and papas laps, he was playing on the blanket we were all sitting around and handing everyone books while signing book laughing and enjoying himself!  He did often look to see I was there watching but continued on his merry way. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thoughts?  I am hoping this is all very normal as I have friends that state when he is around 3 he will be more introverted. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Am I just in my head?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you so very much for your input. </p>

·
Registered
732 Posts
<p>I don't see a problem--he sounds like an absolute delight. Since it's not like you are allowing him to say, roam the entire library out of your sight, he'll learn stranger danger soon enough. My 17 month old LO was at the bookstore the other day and saw a teenage girl reading vampire books on the floor in the corner. She marched right over there, selected a book from the girl's stack, sat down, and started reading it right next to her! It was so adorable. Personally I wouldn't worry one bit--you sound really involved and attentive in the first place. And if he does something someone doesn't like or acts inappropriately, you are right there to help guide. </p>

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
<p>Do we have the same kid?  My ds is 22mo, and is the life of the party!  I love it, and encourage him to stay close to me while also encouraging him to be social.  I don't let him run off (although he is a runner), but when people smile at him I do encourage him to say hi, or bye.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>To be honest, I'm MUCH more worried about him running into the street than anything else!</p>

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<p>Oh thank you mamas, your children sound so fantastic.  It is so much fun to watch DS everyday.  I am constantly blown away with everything he does, teaches me so much. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I appreciate your input!</p>
<p> </p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts