Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She is stool withholding again, so potty training is out the window.

On Fri. DH noticed she was haviing absence seizures again. He told me about it on Sat. morning. Now she is on Zarontin again, a very bad tasting liquid med. Even w/special flavoring (flavorx.com) she resists taking it.

Zarontin upsets her stomache so she won't eat, and her behavior is worse. I don't know if it is b/c she is hungry or if it just messes up her mind.

She was sent home early from kindergarten today.

I feel

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
I haven't read any posts about Zoe before, so I may be barking up the wrong tree here, but I just read an article in Brain, Child magazine about encopresis (stool witholding/chronic constipation leading to leaking poop) and it said that most doctors don't know anything about it. Encopresis

I hope things get better for you and your dd soon.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We thought we had the stool withholding licked. It started just over 2 years ago. The ped. recognized it immediately, but it took a while to find the stuff that would keep things moving: Miralax.

When she finally started pooping regularly on the potty this summer, DH decided she didn't need to take Miralax anymore. Within a couple weeks, she started holding it again. We beg and plead w/her to sit on the potty. She crosses her legs and "holds it." A reward for sitting on the potty and producing something no longer motivates her.

It has not yet gotten to the point where she "soils" her undies as described in the article. I don't think she could get to that point again. We keep a close eye on her bm frequency.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.