Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>nak...my daughter was diagnosed with this (bladder reflux) at 7 weeks. it was level 2/3. she is now 16 weeks and hasn't had another uti but is on daily antibiotics. i need to talk about this with other moms who have experience with vur. i seem to be obsessing, taking her temp (armpit) several times a day and worrying over her diapers. she is supposed to start septra today after being on amoxicillin and every night when i give her the meds i feel so sick about it. she won't have the ultrasound until at 12 mths and the vcug at 18 mths. she is otherwise healthy and weight is good, lots of wet diapers, no kidney damage on the ultrasound at her diagnosis at 7 weeks old. the ped (natural-friendly...the closest thing to dr. sears we have here) said at 4 mths i can give her probiotics but the ped urologist wasn't very helpful with alternatives to antibiotics. it feels wrong to give my daughter antibiotics everyday but i also don't want to risk damaging her kidneys. we know a family whose son was about 10 when his was found but his kidneys were really bad by then.</p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts