Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, long story short my Top-loading washer went out in a blaze of glory, or rather flood of glory. I had just gotten my routine down again for no-scented diapers. Cold Rinse, Cold Soak with detergent then wash. Hot Wash with Baking Soda, then Vinegar. Voila - perfect diapers!

What do I do with my new front-loader? The slight not-clean (not stinky, but just not clean) scent is back. It's a Bosch Nexxt 500 (?) if that matters.

AND, I think something gunked up the fleece on my pockets, and FOR SURE did on some windpro covers since they are dark in color and it's obvious. There is white stuff all over them (even after 3 washes). I wonder if it's the baking soda?

Anyway, please help me feel the front-loading Love!

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Hmmm...I never used baking soda in my washer so I don't know if thats the cause of the problem.

I've got a GE HE front loader and my routine is 1 tbsp scent free "natural" Tide, about 1/3C. white vinegar with a couple drops of Tea Tree oil in the softener section. "Whitest whites" cycle, which is the hottest, longest wash cycle with a pre-rinse.

So far, so good...

Have you tried a bit of Borax to whitten things up again? Or even do a hot wash without anything added? I've even resorted to taking my stash over to my mom's to do once, since she has a top loader and I wanted to make sure my stuff was really getting clean. (It was). Maybe you could try that?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I have a bosch nexxt as well and am also having stink issues, but I think it's mostly because I have been using all the wrong laundry products. I will be interested to see if anyone else can suggest a routine change.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a Miele. I run the poopy diapers in the 14 minute cold rinse with 1 tablespoon of baking soda. Then I add the pee diapers and put 1/2 a capful (1/2 an ounce) of Sensiclean in with them and close the door and start the wash - 155 degrees for 51 minutes. Perfect results every time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.