Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey mommas!

There are some righteous classes coming up for the fall and winter season!

Dates and Description to follow:

ibrant Health Classes

10/2 - Make Your Own Herbal Remedies
In class this night we will discuss selecting herbs in the wild and how to ethically and sustainably harvest herbs as well as methods for making glycerites, tinctures, oil infusions, salves & teas. There will be products in the store to purchase for creating an oil infusion and/or glycerite of your own to take home. All herbs being used are child & nursing friendly.

10/23 - Know Your Alternatives
Discuss different methods of alternative medicine including chinese traditional medicine, ayurvedic, native american, naturapathic, homeopathic, chiropractic care for children, emotional healing and more

11/6 - Aromatherapy
In class tonight we will be discussing aromatherapy, specifically the Young Life brand because of it's varied combinations and ability to treat many afflictions. We will also cover which essentials oils can be used safely with children and during pregnancy.

11/20 - Flower Essences
Learn how to make your own flower essences. Discuss Bach Flower remedies and FES. Determine which essences to use and how to create a mixed remedy to use on yourself, your children or pets. Available for consultation to create a personaliszed remedy after class for a small donation.

12/4 - 10 Ways to Detox Your Life
Discuss 10 ways to detoxify your life and achieve vibrant health.

12/18 - EFT
Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) has proven successful in thousands of clinical cases. It applies to just about every emotional, health and performance issue you can name and it often works where nothing else will.

All classes to be held at

Eat Fresh Market
7916 Gratiot Road
Saginaw, MI 48609

989-781-3232

$10 per person, per class.

Don't want to drive that far? Ride-share!

The October 2nd class (where you will learn how to make a
child-mother-nursing friendly glycerite) still has open spaces!
Hopin' you will make it out.

Feel free to call or stop into Eat Fresh market to sign up.

ashley
hamadryadmomma.blogspot.com

·
Registered
988 Posts
This is going to be a little off topic but I was wondering if you knew of a speaker who would come to a school. The situation is that the school is not allowing any sweets for birthdays or class parties. All brownies, cookies, cupcakes, etc will be confiscated by the office by the frosting police... ok I made that name up but they really are enforcing this. Some of us feel that this is extreme and the school needs to look more at what THEY are serving the kids before they tell us that we have to bring in carrot sticks as a birthday treat. I'm all for healthy eating but I think the school is being way too strict. Some moms have shown concern saying that their 6 or 7 year olds have a fear of getting fat. They say things like, "I can't have ice cream or cake at so-n-so's party because that's not healthy and I'll get a fat stomach." It's insane and I believe that the school is adding fuel to this fire.

If you know of anyone who will speak to the school staff about their OWN responsibilities (pizza, hot dogs and fried chicken as examples of weekly menu items), I'd really appreciate it!!

Anyway, thanks for the info. Saginaw is pretty far from me. Is there anything closer to Detroit that you know of?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do not know of anything closer.

Would the school staff be willing to listen to someone? I do have a couple people in mind...

Also, I see you are studying midwifery! Awesome! Who/where are you learning through?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Another mom is trying to get the attention and participation of more parents and we are hopefully going to approach the school staff as a front. I definitely would love to hear from the people you have in mind!!

Yes, I'm a midwife student!! I like "JUST" started though. I've been going to a lot of meetings and plan on going to many conferences soon. I feel like such a sponge! I'm enrolled with the Michigan School of Tradional Midwifery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.