Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was born at 3:53 am March 19, after a grueling 2.5 hours of labor and a torturous 7 minutes of pushing.

Monday, I had a regular OB appointment, and was 4 cm dilated. Had my membranes stripped and was sent home. Monday night, I had contractions that got to about 8 minutes apart before they stopped.

Tuesday morning, the midwife called me, because she was surprised I didn't go into labor on Monday. She had me come back in, stripped me again, and sent me to walk around for a few hours. No cervical change and no contractions, so home we went.

On the way home, I started feeling really crampy and having contractions, but they felt exactly like they had the night before, so I dismissed them, thinking they would just go away again. Went to bed at 11:30 with a strong backache.

1:30, I felt/heard a "pop" that woke me up...I thought it was my back popping. I had a really strong backache, so I went downstairs to take a bath. Got in the tub, and became aware of a gush. Obviously, it wasn't my back that popped!

Took DD1 to the sitter, and headed down the autobahn to the hospital - the contractions were 3-4 minutes apart, and very intense. I relaxed through them by singing along to the radio. They weren't so bad, and I figured I was still in the very early stages of labor.

Got to the hospital at 2:30, and was checked/admitted- 5cm dilated. About 3:15, I started asking for pain meds cause I just could not relax through the contractions anymore. The midwife discussed various options with me, and we agreed on an epidural, with the agreement that if it didn't work, like last time, rather than just dismiss me, she would check my reflexes and go from there. So she checked my cervix again (3:30ish), and said "Sorry, babe, you're not getting a damn thing, you're 9cm."

I got onto the bed, and knelt, while she hooked up a birthing bar? to the bed. I hung onto/bit that while pushing...Victoria Rose came right out, after 7 minutes of pushing. I have a 2nd degree tear, because she had her fist next to her ear.

6 pounds, 9 ounces, and absolutely beautifully perfect!

I could not have asked for a better VBAC. This birth was everything I hoped it would be, and more - it has definitely been the healing experience I needed!!!

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, I can't believe I didn't even mention DH in my story...lol!!

He drove me to the hospital and supported me through everything, he was absolutely wonderful, massaging my back the whole time, talking me through every contraction and reminding me to relax, that it was the uterus flexing just like any muscle, not to fight it, etc.

I couldn't have done it without him.
Oh, and she has his nose.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.