Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
am i the only one who couldn't view the video clips? a window popped up, but nothing ever came up, even though Windows said it was done loading.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
i saw it. I think it is wonderful, fabulous, excellent that this campaign was launched!! But after seeing them, I feel the originals wouldve shocked people into paying attention more. i think some mamas would trade the perceived convienace of bottle feeding for the earaches and such, but might think a little bit harder abt the luekemia and diabetes.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rareimer
am i the only one who couldn't view the video clips? a window popped up, but nothing ever came up, even though Windows said it was done loading.
I had problems viewing them too. I could hear them but not see them.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Good ads, however, I wish they were able to list more risks in the voice over than just diarrea, respitory illnesses, and ear infections....what about diabetes, allergies, etc. Good step, but I wish they were never tampered with at all.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgiaGalHeidi
Good ads, however, I wish they were able to list more risks in the voice over than just diarrea, respitory illnesses, and ear infections....what about diabetes, allergies, etc. Good step, but I wish they were never tampered with at all.

I wish they would also push the SIDS statistic. It just totally sucks that they had to water it down so much. It makes me so sad...and ANGRY!!

·
Registered
8,658 Posts
yeah, i think 'death' is worth mentioning too; sad to say, there are mothers who think trading off diarrhea and ear infections to avoid bfing is acceptable.

suse

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
So it's gone from "formula fed babies are more likely to get cancer" to "breastfed babies are less likely to get diarrhea?" I am SO disgusted.

:

We should all be writing letters expressing our outrage. This is totally unacceptable.

·
Registered
47 Posts
so glad to know others share my outrage!! (posted in an earlier thread).

I think I have simmered down enough to begin some letter writing again. (Though a FAT lot of good it did the first time around -- we wrote letters months ago asking them not to water down the camapign....)

At least 20/20 did a good story...

Heidi

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
well, maybe they watered it down less than they would have... who knows

let's not give up

·
Registered
47 Posts
o, no, we'll NEVER give up, don't worry 'bout that.

we may have lost a battle, but the war ain't over.

Heidi

BTW, I was on 4women.gov and found info on "community" programs that are pat of the overall campaign. - http://www.4woman.gov/owh/community.htm I found a local peron and emailed to see if they need volunteers. Just because there ads are now junked, doesn't mean we can't make OTHER parts of the "campaign" work, right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts