Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used it or know anything about it other than what is on their website?<br><br>
The site is <a href="http://www.villageforthekids.com" target="_blank">www.villageforthekids.com</a><br><br>
It says, "Elena's holistic daycare center".<br><br>
I got the link off of Minnesotanaturalmedcine.com<br><br>
Thanks,<br>
Tracy

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Looks pretty nice! My current daycare is nice (great gal and willing to go along with what I ask) but I notice the TV on a lot and the kids eating sugar cereal. I hope when Kier gets old enough to eat I can bring some of his own food, but I don't know how many in home daycares let you do that. Well, I'm sure he has a wheat sensitivity so at least I can use that as an excuse for some stuff.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I emailed this woman and she called me back and sounded so nice. She charges $40 per day per child, so you can bring your child just one day per week if you want. SHe wanted $10 per hours per child though if you wanted partial days over multiple days.<br><br>
Sounded like a beautiful environment, indoors and out, and whole, organic foods.<br><br>
She said she focused mainly on infants and toddlers, but would take older children as well.<br><br>
Here was the problem though. She said she follows the teachings of Magda Gerber, to the point that she recently attended a seminar about it, and encourages the parents of her daycare children to also follow those theories. Gerber supposedly preaches respect for children. I didn't spend a lot of time reading up on Magda Gerber, but from what I can tell, she believes in crying it out. Another mother in another thread said Magda Gerber would let a baby cry in the crib for 2 hours. That doesn't sound very respectful to me.<br><br>
I emailed her and cancelled my appt to see her place and said that the crying out wasn't acceptable to me, and she didn't correct me or say she didn't do it, so I don't know....<br><br>
~Tracy

·
Registered
324 Posts
Oh, that stinks! I really liked the website, thought it'd be a nice place for kiddos. But, CIO is also not acceptable to me.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did NOT confirm that Elena does CIO, but it sounds like this Magda Gerber advocates that sometimes. I would just recommend out right asking Elena if she does it or not.<br><br>
so much about Elena and the place did sound really great when I spoke to her on the phone.<br><br>
~Tracy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts