Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about 9 weeks, and my vision is TERRIBLE! I'm not swollen, and I'm going to check my bp at Target today. Should I be concerned? (No ins. until 9/1 and have an appt. with mw on 9/6, but will be seen earlier if this seems concerning).
T

·
Registered
7,527 Posts
The increased blood volume causes eysight to change because of the added fluid pressure.

Its to soon for visual changes due to being close to seizures..that is usually in the third trimester and one of the last symptoms before a bp-induced seizure.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Vision change merits a call or trip to the caregiver usually, but I agree it is early for the biggie concerns for you... Anyone you can call and ask questions, just to put your mind at ease (a professional of some sort, though I understand the insurance issue)?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Eyes can also change shape during pregnancy causing vision differences. I never have my eyes checked during pregnancy and I have to go every 6 months for other eye conditions. If I am pregnant at the time, we just kind of fake through the exam and I come back when I'm not pregnant or breastfeeding a child under 6 mos.

Namaste, Tara

·
Registered
676 Posts
I don't know about stats on this, but I will tell you that after I had my second child, I had to get glasses! It was so bad that I couldn't tell which line I was reading when I would be looking at posts.. but if my dh asks, it was paperwork! hehehe

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaTaraX
Eyes can also change shape during pregnancy causing vision differences.
: My right contact doesn't fit anymore. My left one is fine...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.