Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>We will be in NZ (Hamilton & surrounding region) for 6 days in January.  What would you recommend that we do in the area for a short visit?  We are interested in cultural activities, great food, gardens, architecture & natural environs/bush.  This trip we are doing without the kidlets, so family friendly isn't a concern.  Cheers!</p>

·
Registered
29 Posts
<p>Hamilton Gardens are just beautiful and worth a quick visit if you have the time</p>
<p>There is also Hamilton Zoo</p>
<p>Not far away is Candi - land where there are more lollies than you could imagine kids seem to love it there</p>
<p>Waterworld is another great place worth checking out indoor and outdoor swimming pools!</p>
<p>There are a few art galleries both public and private scattered around Hamilton too</p>
<p>Plenty to see and do and only around a 2hr drive from bustling Auckland which has everything you could ever possibly want to see/do!</p>
<p>Have a wonderful trip! You'll love it here!</p>

·
Premium Member
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>Thank you for your reply, I did get a chance to read it just before we left. We're now back from our quick visit, & I have to report that we thought Hamilton was a great little city!  Food was terrific, loved Hamilton Gardens, the Museum, the Arts Post gallery & the walkways along the Waikato River were great.  The whole area has an incredibly interesting history as well.  We were also able to drive a bit south & see some of the volcanoes (away from the touristy areas), & stop to see some of the little towns along the way.  We also found a free, local hotspring creek on the Waikato River which was heaps of fun.  And the weather was very cooperative too- no rain (well, just a few sprinkles, but that's a vast improvement on my last trip to NZ!)</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts