Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to be in Toronto at the end of July. What cheap/fun things are there to do? We will be doing the CN tower, and have been to Eaton Centre (although we will probably go back!). We also have gone to the Casa Loma. Any hidden secrets? There will be no kids, just two adults, and we'll be staying at King St West.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I would recommend walking from Queen West at about University west to Spadina, walking up Spadina to visit Chinatown, and then heading west a few blocks south of College to check out Kensington Market. It is a good walk with sooooo much to see, and so many restaurants and little/big shops to visit.<br><br>
I like to visit the Toronto Islands when it is warm - the ferry ride itself is cool.<br><br>
Little India is another neat place to walk around and get food.<br><br>
There is an awesome wool store on Queen West called Romni Wool if you knit or crochet. I love to visit there.<br><br>
Anyways, a few suggestions.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Those are great suggestions - Chinatown is lots of fun with kids, and the Island is a must in hot weather. You may also want to check out Dufferin Grove Park just south of Dufferin station.<br><br>
For an indoor activity, the Royal Ontario Museum is great!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Even without kids, I think the Toronto Zoo rocks. It's out of the way tho and pretty much uses a whole day.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The AGO (Art Gallery of Ontario) is also a great spot to visit if you need to be indoors because of the weather. I'll have to second Romni wools too...it's a big messy disaster of a glorious wool store, lol!<br><br>
The Beach is nice too, lots of great shops and small restaurants and a great boardwalk along Lake Ontario. It's in the east end of Toronto and a bit of a ride on the streetcar but well worth it.<br><br>
And don't forget to check out St. Lawrence Market. It's at the corner of Front and Jarvis. Lots of great food vendors and crafty type things.<br><br>
Enjoy your visit!

·
Registered
899 Posts
The Bata Shoe Museum was surprisingly interesting when we went there in October. I think dh even enjoyed it and he wasn't that thrilled with the idea of going.<br><br>
Another vote for the Toronto Islands and Chinatown. Both are lots of fun.<br><br>
Man, I want to go back to Toronto!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts