Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be in NYC from the 29th - Jan 2 with my 2 kids (8 and 3). What are some interesting activities for us to check out, not necessarily touristy. I'm looking for off the beaten path stuff. How about good vegan/veggie restaurants or markets. THANKS!

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
We love the Upper West Side! We used to live there, and now we go back on the weekends. There's the Children's Museum: http://www.cmom.org/index.html. Also, the Natural History Museum is great for kids. There's a decent cafe there as well. I personally love the Metropolitan (Art) Museum, which is a short bus ride or walk across Central Park. They have a nice library in the basement with lots of kids books, and a nice cafe, with a special kids meal that comes in a taxi-shaped box. Our favorite restaurant is Saigon Grill at the corner of Amsterdam and 90th or 91st. There's always a great vibe in there, lots of families, great food (lots of veggie/vegan options). Have a fun visit!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.