Mothering Forum banner

Vitamin B12

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  MeganR 
#1 ·
After reading Dr. Mercola's article about vitamin B12 today, I'm thinking about supplementing and see how I feel. What supplement do you recommend? (I've seen drops, sublingual tablets, etc.) Feel free to spam me.

See less See more
#2 ·
Personally I use the sublingual drops....

I feel like I take enough pills!. Easily absorbed and easy to take.

#3 ·
If you want something to just try out, you can hopefully find a methylcobalamin at your local HFS (skip the cyanocobalamin forms, which will probably be most of the products on the shelf). A few people don't deal well with the methyl form, if it makes you feel worse in any way, I'd switch to a hydroxy form. Most people would be fine with either.

Whatever you get, you want sublingual--spray, drops, something that dissolves in your mouth, not a pill to swallow.

I've used Perque's hydroxycobalamin B12, it's called B12 Guard, naturamart.com sells them (their URL is vitalbee.com now), dissolves very easily, effective, tasty.

I'm about to try some drops from holisticheal.com, I am going to get the mega b12 hydroxy drops, but they've also got methyl and adenosyl. These are more cost-effective than most anything else I've seen, but it's a lot more doses in a bottle, so it only makes sense if you know you will use it all.

Liver is also a great source of B12, I've been quite surprised that swallowing chunks of frozen liver isn't nasty like I expected it to be. It's actually okay, and if you look up the nutrition info, seriously nutritious.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.