Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I used it last pg, in place of the expensive prescription Diclectin, which is made up of B6 and an anti-nausea drug ( I think). My dh makes fun of me though because one day I accidentally picked up B12 instead of B6, and took it for days without noticing, until one day I read the label. I am very open to suggestion, so I guess I tricked my mind into making it work. I mentioned the other day that I was going to pick up 'either some B6 or B12, doens't matter which one' and he chuckled.

I'll say it worked though!

·
Registered
106 Posts
YES!

I started ms this time round at only 5 weeks, and was feeling annoyed and discouraged by it. It did back off a bit at 6 weeks and I picked up B6 around then. I have been taking two sublingual tablets a day (17mg each i think) and I tell ya, I am not feeling too sick at all! I almost feel good, except for the hunger and the tiredness. . .and weird food aversions. But this is way better than with DS. I like B6! I am now at 8.5 weeks and feel like I'm nearing the end of trimester one, though this is not yet so. . .

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I'm taking 25 mg 2x a day and have been for just over a couple weeks now.

I don't know if it's working or not, but before I started my nausea was all day every day and intolerable. The last few days (that is, after two weeks of b6 and no change) I've had a few hours in the afternoons where, though I'm still nauseous, I feel like I can function as a normal person.

I'm at about 8 weeks now.

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
Just wanted to jump in and say it did not help me. At all. All that did was upping the protein I could choke down, and you may be able to try some pregnancy tea. Even with every remedy I tried (even the wrist bands), it just had to go away on it's own.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I've been taking morning sickness magic, which is B6 and ginger and a few other things. I've been taking it for a week now and my nausea is way more tolerable. For 2 weeks I was pretty much stuck in bed all day becuase I felt like such crap, now it's only coming in waves. I'm able to eat and drink more water now too which I couldn't before because I was so blech... so that definitely helps as well.

Some people have no luck with it but I have big time, so I'd say it is worth a try!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I have read that morning sickness is usually caused by a chronic B6 deficiency, but I don't know anything about correcting it during pregnancy. I tried to load up on B6 in preparation and I think it's helped alot.

have you tried nutritional yeast? I love it and it's loaded with B vitamins.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.