Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that giving vitamin c with a vaccine is helpful but can't seem to find any information about why / how much to give etc.<br><br>
Can anyone point me to an article that explains the benefits?<br><br>
many thanks.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'll copy what I saved onto my computer.<br>
I got it from here, even though it talks about sids, the info regarding vit C is good I feel:<br><a href="http://www.cqs.com/sids.htm" target="_blank">http://www.cqs.com/sids.htm</a><br><br>
Helping people take charge of their health:<br><br>
Here's how to do the calculation: take your body weight or the weight of your child, divide by 10, and then multiply by 200 mg to get the minimum dose of vitamin C. So for a child who weighs 20 lbs, you divide 20 by 10, result 2, then multiply by 200, result 400 mg per day minimum dose. For an adult who weighs 150 lbs, divide by 10, result 15, then multiply by 200, result 3000 mg per day minimum dose.<br><br>
For increased dosage if the child is ill or his or her immune system is compromised, you can provide up to 100-200 mg per 10 lbs of body weight for each individual dose, up to 5 doses per day, checking for bowel tolerance: if diarrhea occurs, reduce dosage until it subsides and then continue with a reduced dosage.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I think it is also wise to give large doses of Vitamin A before/during/after vaccination as well. Sheri Tenpenny discussed this on her DVD, but I didn't write the amounts down.

·
Registered
9,943 Posts
Be careful with Vitamin A as it's fat soluble unlike Vitamin C.

·
Registered
24,634 Posts
I remember hearing that back in the 1980s when vaccines suddenly became a point of discussion as to whether or not they were safe or were causing braindamage in some unfortunate children. Before that, as I recall, no one thought a second time about whether or not a sick child should be vaxed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts