Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I am feeling the need to supplement myself and my children with Vit D this Fall/Winter.  I have a 12mo DD and I am getting concerned about her teeth.  My 5yo had signs of decay by 17mo and I REALLYwant to do what I can to prevent it with her.</p>
<p>In shopping the net for drops, I notice a huge price difference in the carlson brand and others.  What makes it so special?  I gave my 5yo cod liver oil (w/Vit D) from the time he was 2-4, but stopped when I got pregnant with his sister.  It is so gross, but the ideal, I think, because they get the omegas as well as the Vit D.  I would like to get some omegas in him again as well.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So please any suggestions.  Is there a cod liver oil that is free of mercury w/o the fishy taste that is affordable?  Should I just go with a seperate omega and vit D?  Isn't there some controversy over the omegas that are not from fish, but algae... I can't remember????? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I really would like avoid the enfamil brand of vit D, it is the only one I can get locally in drop form for the baby, I think.  So I will be orderiing online.  Love to find a good deal on shipping...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts