Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD still gets 90% or more of her sustenance from mama's milk. But I know that once solids, any amount of solids, are introduced, the body's absorption of iron (and maybe other things?) from breastmilk is drastically reduced. And unfortunately her solids diet is not very balanced as she's kind of a picky eater. She loves fruit but hates veggies. She likes salty soups, in fact, salty anything. She only eats miniscule portions of meat.

So, I was in Whole Foods and they have a big selection of "natural" baby/kid vitamins. And I was wondering if I should give her one, since she's not getting as many nutrients from the BM as she was when we were exclusively breastfeeding, and she's not getting that many nutrients from food either.

Maybe I'm overthinking this, but I just want to make sure she's not missing any nutrients, and I'm obviously not going to make her eat foods she doesn't want to eat.

If you give your toddler a vitamin, why, and what brand? I'm going to cross-post this in Toddlers.

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
I don't give one as dd still nurses tons at nearly 2 yrs old. I give a tiny bit of vitamin c once in awhile.

-Angela

1 - 2 of 2 Posts