Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Vitamix!
:
:
:

:
:
:

Tell me what awesome things you make with yours.

Also, I didn't get the dry blade container... do I really need it or can I just put dry stuff in the container I have?

Does anyone make dough in it? DH really wants to make perogies. Cn you make them vegan?

I am more interested in fruites, veggies, etc.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
: My Vita Mix needs some love. It is just sitting there so lonely.
I want to start making bread, I never thought about making dough in it. Anyone know if it works?

·
Registered
380 Posts
so jealous! i have been eyeing them on ebay. any reviews on older models vs. new?

·
Registered
9,943 Posts
I've had mine for eight years now. I love it.

I'm pretty boring, though... I just use it as my uber-blender. I've never done dough.. or ground up grains.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
I grind coffee beans and flax seeds. That is fun to watch
I also grind oats into flour for pancakes.

We mostly make smoothies and things like that. Soft-serve-type ice cream is soooo yummy. I make super healthy smoothies and freeze them into popsicles for DS thinks he's so lucky that he can have a popsicle any time he wants

I LOVE my Vitamix! We use it at least once a day

·
Registered
49 Posts
I generally use mine at least 2 times a day....I make a breakfast smoothie and a green smoothie from greensmoothiegirl.com. I also make great vegan mac and cheese (the sauce) in it...recipe from vegweb.com, and also from greensmoothiegirl.com, there is a yummy dairy free chocolate pudding...in fact i think i will make some tonight!

Congratulations! Mine is one of miy most used items in my kitchen!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by clairedevaux78 View Post
I generally use mine at least 2 times a day....I make a breakfast smoothie and a green smoothie from greensmoothiegirl.com. I also make great vegan mac and cheese (the sauce) in it...recipe from vegweb.com, and also from greensmoothiegirl.com, there is a yummy dairy free chocolate pudding...in fact i think i will make some tonight!

Congratulations! Mine is one of miy most used items in my kitchen!
is the pudding recipe one that is posted free on her website somewhere? if so would you please share.

·
Registered
380 Posts
question about the soup- you used a juicer and a vitamix. could you make it with only the vitamix? does a vitamix replace a juicer altogether? DH is almost convinced to get one.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I LOOOOVE my Vita-Mix!! We make ice cream ALL the time (well not so much in the winter- LOL), smoothies (of course) and my favorite- hummus- super, super SMOOTH!!

I need to make some soup now that's it cooler.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Someone please tell me how you make your ice creams & things like that. The recipes in the book from VitaMix have coffee ceamer in them YUCK!

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
I use frozen fruit and 'milk' (dairy, soy, rice, almond, coconut). A frozen banana will sweeten it and make it creamier. Think very thick smoothie. Some nuts or shredded coconut is tasty too. My VM just came today, this is what I did with my old blender.

my booklet did have recipes that called for cream or half and half but I didn't see anything calling for psuedo-creamer yet. (in the 30 seconds I had to browse it) I am looking forward to a frozen hazelnut coffee sooner or later. Wait I mean a green smoothie.

·
Registered
9,943 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by maciascl View Post
Someone please tell me how you make your ice creams & things like that. The recipes in the book from VitaMix have coffee ceamer in them YUCK!

I wish I still had my old vita mix cookbook.

When I make "ice cream", I usually use frozen bananas. Blend them... add a bit of milk or coconut milk... and then sometimes more coconut or mini chocolate chips or nuts or whatever. (Or all three, for my quasi-healthful version of Ben & Jerry's Coconut Almond Fudge Chip).

I've never been comfortable letting it run long enough to make soup hot and such. I'm sure it's fine... but that's just me. I've used it to puree soups and stuff....but these days, I'm more apt to use my immersion/stick blender.

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
Can I hear from somebody that has run it long enough to make hot soup? I have my doubts and worries but want to try it if the machine won't explode or fly off.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mommajb View Post
I use frozen fruit and 'milk' (dairy, soy, rice, almond, coconut). A frozen banana will sweeten it and make it creamier. Think very thick smoothie. Some nuts or shredded coconut is tasty too. My VM just came today, this is what I did with my old blender.

my booklet did have recipes that called for cream or half and half but I didn't see anything calling for psuedo-creamer yet. (in the 30 seconds I had to browse it) I am looking forward to a frozen hazelnut coffee sooner or later. Wait I mean a green smoothie.

Thanks! Maybe I just assumed when I read it quickly.

I never thought about frozen coffees. Oh thank you!
:
:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I absolutely adore my VitaMix!

Daily green smoothies are the big thing I use it for.
But also, nut butters, nut milk, puddings, shakes, hummus, soup, sauces and probably more that I can't think of right now.

I've been getting some VitaMix as presents for family and just when I thought it was too late, Vita Mix is giving free 2 day shipping!

I don't make ice-cream with any dairy products. I use frozen banana as the base. I put frozen slices of banana in the VitaMix and add the rest of the flavor ingredients.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.