Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first pregnancy, so I am not sure what I am in for.
Forgive me if my questions seem silly.

I have noticed that I am having strange dreams all night, every night. They seem so real.
Anyone else ever experience or heard of this?
TIA!

· Registered
90 Posts
Me too!!! Very vivd, and weird. Nothing about the baby yet. I dreamed about my ds when I was pg with him.....it even looked just like him, except the baby in the dream had straight hair, and ds's is curly. About a month before I was due with him, I dreamed that I took him out of my belly to hold him, and then had to put him back, b/c he wasn't quite ready yet--very crazy!!
Michelle

· Registered
1,292 Posts
Long before being pregnant with DD, I dreamed about her, and it definitely was HER. I am not a particularly woo-woo person, so at the time I didn't know this was a real vision from the future. I remembered it much later. In my dream (many years ago), I was in my bedroom looking down the hallway toward the staircase and the farthest room (at that point a "spare room") when a little girl with a head of soft brown bottle curls came charging out of the room, ran down the hall, and barrelled into my arms, yelling, "Mommy!!!!!" She was a toddler in my dream, and we had a conversation about where "the baby" would sleep when he was born. She wanted him to sleep in her room, and I was explaining that he would need to sleep with Daddy and I, and then she and I went downstairs to make dinner for Daddy.

Mind you, this was LONG before DH and I were even trying to have children. I had told my dad about that dream at the time and when DD's hair turned curly around age 16 months, he remembered it and reminded me of it.

Also, when I was pregnant and CERTAIN I was having a boy, I fell asleep on the train for just a few moments, had a vision of that same curly-haired girl, but this time just her hair -- her head was resting in my lap and I felt how soft the hair was. I woke up thinking someone's child was messing with me on the train, but there was no one there.

Like I said, I'm not really into this sort of thing, but I have to believe that my daughter found me, picked me, whatever you want to call it. Being pregnant again now, I can't help but wonder when she is going to ask me about the baby sleeping in her room, like she did in my dream so many years ago. I know it will bring tears to my eyes when she does.

This time around, I'm not dreaming about much that I can't explain away as just standard pregnancy nerves -- dreams about miscarriage, about difficult deliveries, etc. I'm trying to open my mind to a message from this little one, but haven't "felt" anything yet.

Dreams are so neat. I love hearing stories about people's dreams!

· Registered
336 Posts
This was actually one of the symptoms that made me think that I was pregnant this time. My dreams are not really baby related -- it's just that when I'm pregnant I dream more, remember more and they are definitely more vivid. I don't normally have many sexual dreams, but during each pregnancy I have had a few and they are intense. Enjoy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.