Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
the nursing thing is cool- but what's with her teeth? I think the article talks about it. Kinda creepy- makes me think of Jaws from "Moonraker- James Bond movie!"

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
the nursing is okay. you would think a supermodel would wear a nursing shirt as to not fuel the fires of the 'yank out a boob- gross' crowd..

·
Premium Member
9,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by amyjeans
the nursing thing is cool- but what's with her teeth? I think the article talks about it. Kinda creepy- makes me think of Jaws from "Moonraker- James Bond movie!"
They are "gold"..the article talks about how much she spent having her teeth fixed and basically no one noticed

Kind of hits home to me...I am having $7000 worth of dental work done in the next 8 weeks...all told I have spent close to $20000 on my teeth.
:

·
Premium Member
9,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerTail
looks staged. (as in, non-lactating woman doing a photo shoot.) anybody know anna wintours number so we can ask?

cutline says it's her son

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaitnbugsmom
the nursing is okay. you would think a supermodel would wear a nursing shirt as to not fuel the fires of the 'yank out a boob- gross' crowd..
The "yank out the boob - gross" crowd needs to see *more* boobs yanked out, not fewer. If they see enough, it won't be some weird gross thing to them any more. Breasts and breastfeeding need to be normalized. If all mothers used nursing tops every time they breastfed, it would perpetuate the myth that "yes, it is gross, so we're covering it up."

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think that is a very beautiful picture. I wish I had some like that with each of my children. Thank you so much for sharing.

As a newcomer to MDC, I am saddened by some of the responses both here and on the other thread that was linked to.

P.S. That is exactly how I nurse too.

·
Premium Member
22,696 Posts
Awww, how sweet. I love how he has his little fist up on her near her breast, like he's holding on.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sustainer
The "yank out the boob - gross" crowd needs to see *more* boobs yanked out, not fewer. If they see enough, it won't be some weird gross thing to them any more. Breasts and breastfeeding need to be normalized. If all mothers used nursing tops every time they breastfed, it would perpetuate the myth that "yes, it is gross, so we're covering it up."
Well said!

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I just read that her sister, also a model, was killed in an accident last night
She was on a bike, came down a hill, and flew off - right into the path of a gasoline tanker

·
Banned
4,450 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cjuniverse
Very, very cool.

I like her teeth. Different and lovely in their own way.

They aren't really gold. That is fake. The article was about the lengths women go to make their teeth beautiful.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts