Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I have been throwing up every day. Today I threw up this morning and this evening. I also have lots of swelling in my feet and hands. My BP at my CNM appt yesterday was fine, at least they didn't mention it. Is any of this cause for concern? Does it warrant a call to my m/w? I'm getting a little nervous about it.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I threw up once or twice or three times a day for the first trimester and a half. Then it went away. Now at 36 weeks, I am back to throwing up once a day. My MW said it was normal for it recur towards the end. Just make sure you are keeping yourself hydrated!

·
Registered
477 Posts
I am fighting my stomach right now.
: I've been nauseous and throwing up on and off for weeks now. Blech!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok whew, I'm relieved. I'm going to ask my sister to take my BP today to be safe (she's a nurse), just to see what it is. I know my baseline, so I know when to get worried. Thanks for reassuring me ladies!

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
While I'm not actually throwing up, I have been getting nauseous again. Nothing as bad as morning sickness, but not pleasant either. All my other "measurements" are normal, and I barely have any swelling at all. So I think it's necessarily something to worry about.

·
Registered
616 Posts
this time knock on wood no throwing up. with my first daughter I threw up almost everyday of my last trimester but not the first two trimesters. Hang in htere.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My sis took my BP, it was 132/88, which is pretty high. I called my m/w, she said to push fluids and keep my feet up. Yeah right, like I can do that with a toddler!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I really don't want to be alarmist, but the first symptom I had that I was developing HELLP syndrome along with my preeclampsia was third-tri nausea/vomiting (it was related to the liver damage). any headaches? Abdominal pain? Visual changes? generally feeling unwell?

Your BP is borderline for hypertension, but HELLP syndrome can occur in the absence of hypertension (it's a separate syndrome). Please be seen by your MW!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I'm nauseous too. I remember not feeling so great with DS #1, but this is a little yuckier.

OKay, a lot yuckier. Right now I am so very thankful for Scooby Doo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts