Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>My youngest was sick last week with vomitting/diaherria and in the middle of the night my oldest was sick. SO....it is pretty much a given that I will get it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I had vomitting/diaherria when pregnant with my second, it started labour. NOT a big deal because I was only two weeks early.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>BUT....I am only 33 weeks pregnant. So going into labour is not a good idea.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>WHAT CAN I DO? If I get sick should I go to the hospital? I am nervous.....</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I called and left a message to talk to my midwife....</p>

·
Registered
608 Posts
<p>I just came on to see if anyone was suffering from that stomach flu that is going around.  My dd just is in the middle of it- and I am wondering what I can take to help me avoid/ treat it when it comes.  I'm 37.5 weeks so anything could happen.  It's just that my dh will be in the UK for the week and I'm not 100% ready (we just moved last month) so it makes me a little bit nervous. </p>
<p>How are you feeling?  Anyone know the incubation on this thing?</p>
<p>Thanks</p>

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>Yup I had it...it was AWFUL.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>At first it is hard to keep anything down....I drank small amounts of watered down pedilyte. The day after vomitting stopped....I drank lots of water, pedilyte, chicken broth.....until my pee was not dark.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The next day I was still very weak.....I had to rest.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Today is better...though I still stayed home.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>TO avoid: my mw suggested</p>
<p> </p>
<p>2000mg Vitamin C</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1000mg Vitamin D</p>
<p> </p>
<p>lots of handwashing</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
608 Posts
<p>Thanks- and I'm so sorry you are feeling awful!  so far so good in my neck of the woods- a terrible sore throat, but I'll take that over vomiting anyday.  My mw suggested echinacae as well.  Hope you recover fast!</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts