Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flying yesterday was absolute hell.
Worst of all, none of my luggage arrived. That includes almost my entire stash of fluff. Luckily I have some AIOs I left here at home which will do for now. PLEASE powers that be, do not let my luggage be completely lost.
Cross your fingers for me, ladies. The woman at the lost luggage counter couldn't care less that my entire stash was gone. She looked at it the same as disposables being missing.
I can't even get through to ask about my luggage. All I get is a busy signal no matter what button I push on the phone. And inquiring online has no response either.

~Daednu

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
nak
That sucks! My mom lost her luggage while traveling this summer. Luckily it only took a couple of days to get home. I can't imagine what it's going to be like after the craziness at the airports over the holidays. Crossing my fingers for the safe return of your fluff.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Ugh. I hope it shows up soon. FWIW, I've had my luggage lost a ton of times (probably 1/2 the time I fly!) and the longest it's taken to be returned is 1.5 days. The most recent time they "lost" my bag - it had all the wet dipes in it. We thought that it would have been fitting if it had sat out in the heat for a while and they decided to open it to see what the stench was!

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
OH NO, I HOPE THAT they get it to you soon!! What happens if they loose it forever? are you just sol? or do they reimburse you?
sorry mama!!
debi

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
If it's any consolation, my hubby flew from Okinawa, Japan to Providence, RI and lost his baggage. He took 4 flights and they lost his luggage on the flight from Okinawa to Osaka(mainland Japan). That was the first flight. And it only took a day and a half for them to find his bags and drive them out to my apartment. He had only his carry on with no clothing in it. His garment bag with his uniforms was lost and his suitcase with all his clothing was lost. But in a day and a half it was back to him. I hope your fluff finds it's way back too. I hear all the airports and airlines are still recovering from the Christmas rush so hopefully it's sorted out soon. Best of luck to you.
meg

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Oh yeah, and to add to that, it was midnight by the time his last flight made it into Providence. My daughter was with me and cranky as heck. He'd been flying for a day and a half already and was cranky. The woman at the lost luggage counter could not have cared less!!!! He was lucky he had some leave he could take because all his uniforms were in that garment bag. The air force doesn't care if you lose your luggage. They want you in work in uniform. Apparently the lady at the lost luggage counter is like the air force. Meanie!

Meg

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by faerybugmady
Oh yeah, and to add to that, it was midnight by the time his last flight made it into Providence. My daughter was with me and cranky as heck. He'd been flying for a day and a half already and was cranky. The woman at the lost luggage counter could not have cared less!!!! He was lucky he had some leave he could take because all his uniforms were in that garment bag. The air force doesn't care if you lose your luggage. They want you in work in uniform. Apparently the lady at the lost luggage counter is like the air force. Meanie!

Meg

My Navy dh had to spend lots of $$$ to buy a new uniform once, because of lost luggage. He got his bag a few days later, but we were already out the money. He always carries a uniform with him now. Lost luggage sucks!

I hope your fluff returns to you soon!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.