Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
10,486 Posts
I entered the nearby city, the median home price was close to what we paid for our house and the needed salary is a little lower than what DH makes, so it seems about right since we are pretty tight at the moment (just bought the house this year). We qualified for a lot more house and I'm so glad we didn't buy it.

Howeve,r I threw in computer programmer for profession and the salary it gave me is an entry level salary - definitely not average - I made more coming out of college 7 years ago, so I don't know how accurate the salaries are... (unless its supposed to be the minimum someone in that field would make)

· Registered
10,486 Posts
I think median home price probably includes condos - not just detached homes. So the mediam price may be the low end of what you can get in your area for a house, but its because there are other lower cost house laternatives factored in. I don't know for ure this is true on this site, but I know in the stats I've seen for local town snad cities its definitely true.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.