Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,447 Posts
I'm in Seattle and it says that the median house price is 325K and that you need 103K to get it. I think the wage needed sounds about right based on what we were making and got approved for when we bought our house. I think their median value sounds a little low to me for in-city housing especially what I see for sale around our neighborhood. We desparately need more room but can't afford a bigger house and stay in the city with me not working

Lisa

· Registered
2,447 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TiredX2 View Post
I live on the Eastside and I think $325 is really low. Definately not the median!

The Eastside is actually a bit more expensive than Seattle proper, but there are definatley much more expensive properties available in Seattle.

I know the eastside is crazy. I have friends who make over 100K and wanted to live on the eastside (something near 520) and there was just no way on their income that they could find a house in their price range-and that was a couple years ago. They ended up in North Seattle!

Lisa

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.