Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
I think I'm in the middle of about a zillion custom orders and will be until labor day.
: But anything I'm not already verbally commited to paying for is OUT of the QUESTION. ....you believe me, right?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can do it! Somebody has to stay on and keep me company!

Heck if I had paypal money that came from selling something else that would be fair game. Unless of course I sold that item to make money for bills.
:

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I'm having issues today.

Part of what I was so upset about before was spending diaper money on impulsively purchased stuff I don't use. I have custom orders coming, but not for a while. So I don't know whether I should go ahead and buy the stuff that I do love and use or wait for my orders. I don't have a diaper shortage, but no excess either. My worry is travelling. We have lots of family coming from abroad this summer, and we'll need a few days worth of dipes when they do come, so that we can travel to ny to visit (I don't want to walk blocks with my dipes to a laundrymat).

Is that off or on the wagon? Have I lost all my perspective or am I being sensible?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Have I lost all my perspective or am I being sensible?
Well, how soon is your NY trip? If you really need the diapers AND have the money to pay for them then it's ok. The problem is when you don't really have the money and you are robbing Peter to pay Paul.

·
Registered
994 Posts
If you need to buy diapers out of absolute necessity - just to get you through a trip .me - you could always buy some prefolds. Prefolds trifolded in a wrap are always our laundry day or emergency system. That way you are also saving a little $$ for your customs.
It would kind of be lacking perspective if you said to yourself: ok x diaper works BEST for us and they are $25 each. I MUST have only x diapers - and buy a bunch "just in case" I can't get to wash in time.
KWIM??
HTH... Just trying to keep you hangin' on sistah! :LOL

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
I am doing ok. I did bid a couple times on that AWESOME kp on ebay and I am seriously still watching that auction. How crazy is that!!!
: I'm working on some trades right now, so that kind of keeps me satisfied in a way. But basically I am trading for pants for the winter, which I will need to get at some point. Oh, and I just signed up for my wonderful woolies custom slot.
That doesn't count, does it? I don't count that because I really do need some pants for the winter months. It gets uber cold here.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by .me.
I don't even own a wrap.

Funny, eh?

My dyed prefolds just sit in my drawer and look cute.

Last thing I want to do is cave and buy that cute fmbg wrap that mamaroni has on the tp
Okay, we're halfway there... Now just buy a couple bummis or prowraps and VIOLA!! Or if you already have wool - get some pins or snappis... There you go - emergency solved -- cash $$ = minimum... Right?!

*Wagon disclaimer: We refuse to enable you to buy more than you NEED*

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
One thing I keep forgetting is that I'll be doing the diapering more than dh, and whereas he doesn't get the extra-snap-ins thing, I am a big fan of it. Those'll stretch my aio's out for miles. And I could probably trifold prefolds in aio shells, right? They're like covers, right?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Naw, the Wonderful Woolies custom slot doesn't count because you have plenty of time to save up real money to pay for it. I am number 26 so I figure by then I will be able to buy something without feeling guilty about spending money I shouldn't be. YKWIM?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts