Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work at Mississippi Market, the Selby/Dale store. In the past we've carried quite a bit of "made in China" (i.e. slave labor) goods. We're looking at replacing that with items from local artisans.<br><br>
So, if you make bags/small purses/jewelry/silks etc., give us a call @ 651-310-9499, and ask for Deb, Mary, Karen or Trish.<br><br>
They do need to be able to retail at a reasonable price, but if it's locally made and hand made, the customers will buy it.<br><br>
Thanks!<br><br>
(P.S. I know this is kind of spammy, but I REEALLLY want to get rid of the "made in China" stuff, AND support WAHMS)

·
Registered
717 Posts
I sew and currently make reusable grocery bags, baby slings, little potty carriers for ec'ers and am willing and able to make things you may need. I'll give you a call, but wanted to post as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reusable grocery bags sound great. I'm not sure about the other baby items, we're so close to Peapods, that I think that's probably more their thing than ours, kwim?<br><br>
Our current importer sells us beaded and woven jewelry. Woven and batik bags/wallets/purses. Batik and woven scarves/sarongs etc. Those type of things sell well for us, especially around the holidays. I can imagine also looking at some homemade candles.<br><br>
If you're interested, bring in some samples. Debra is one of the main buyers (so am I, but I'm leaving for a new job in 3 weeks), and Mary is the manager, they're usually there during the day.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Sounds good. the Batik scarves, sarongs and bags sound pretty much up my alley. Will be sure to contact you guys!!!

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'm a sewer too -- lots of kids clothing for the most part, but bags and scarves as well.<br><br>
I'll stop by and chat the next the next time I'm in shopping.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm a knitter and make small (purse sized) felted and non-felted bags as well as larger (diaper bag sized) ones. Is that intrest you at all??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
drop by! I don't have much say in what we will buy, as I'm leaving, but visit w/Karen, Mary or Debra. I'm so excited! I HATE carrying the slave labor stuff.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Hey Trish,<br>
I stopped by and missed you the other day...anyway, what kind of wholesale price point were you thinking of? I spoke to Mary about mark-up, but I'm really concerned that my stuff will be expensive -- simply due to the cost of fabric!<br><br>
I'll try and call the store some night soon.<br>
Sara

1 - 8 of 8 Posts