Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now it's scheduled for May 11th, but I just called because it's at 8:45am and my husband has class at 9:30, so I asked if I can move it to earlier that morning. I'm waiting on a call back (I really hope they dont push it back to the next day or something!!)

I'm anxious because this is a quiet baby, not much movement, although I did just hear the heartbeat on Sunday so I know all's well there.

I'm also anxious because this is a medically necessary ultrasound, since Connor has a genetic syndrome and had multiple birth defects, so we are looking specifically for any markers of those issues in this baby (refused all genetic testing).

I'm also desperately wanting to know the gender!!!

On the other hand, I can't believe that I'm almost half way through with this pregnancy already!!!!!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Me, too! And I only have to wait until May 4th. I'm desperately fighting the urge to call and move it up - but we refused all tests as well, so trying to getting it closer to 20 weeks so that it's more accurate.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I haven't even scheduled mine yet and it's driving me crazy.
I have an appointment tonight with my OB, so I will get the info tonight, I'm sure. They want it done around 19 weeks (in 2 weeks). I am thinking I will try to do it toward the end of the week so it is more accurate. I don't even know if I have to go to a big radiology place or if they have u/s in their office. Last year, they told me they were hoping to get the equipment to be able to do it in the office, but I don't know if they have yet.

I had a dream last night that I had the u/s and they wouldn't tell me the gender.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Mine is May 12th and I am anxiously awaiting it too. I am excited to see this LO again and to find out the gender. . .but some ways apprehensive too. I'm worried that I am too stuck on the idea of having a girl first and if its a boy I will be terribly disappointed and the feel guilty for being disappointed.

Seems like ours are some of the last around here. I'll be sending good vibes for you!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2boyzmama View Post
I'm anxious because this is a quiet baby, not much movement, although I did just hear the heartbeat on Sunday so I know all's well there.

I'm also anxious because this is a medically necessary ultrasound, since Connor has a genetic syndrome and had multiple birth defects, so we are looking specifically for any markers of those issues in this baby (refused all genetic testing).

I'm also desperately wanting to know the gender!!!

On the other hand, I can't believe that I'm almost half way through with this pregnancy already!!!!!
I am right there with you, for exactly all of the same reasons you are anxious and impatient. Only difference is, I don't even have an u/s date yet (next OB appt. is Monday, when I'll probably get the order to call and schedule it.)

I really thought that once I was out of the first trimester, I would relax more and enjoy my pg. Instead, I keep worrying -- it's like a switch flipped with my last birth and then subsequent m/c and I don't how to flip it back.

Yesterday was Sophie's 3rd bday, too, and while it was almost 100% a celebration of how amazing she is and how far she's come, it also brought me back to that terrifying day 3 yrs. ago when she stopped moving in utero and I had to have an emergency c/s to save her life. Her apgars were 1 and 1, so she was very nearly stillborn.

It's hard to have such a significant day have such heavy emotional baggage around it. And I know that my birth experience with her will fade more and more each year; I'm sure it's being pg again now that really made me dwell on it.

Anyway, all this to say: I totally get where you're coming from and I can't wait to see my little bean too and know what's going on in there! I'm hoping all of us have great scans in the coming month!

Guin

·
Registered
885 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovejeff View Post
Me, too! And I only have to wait until May 4th. I'm desperately fighting the urge to call and move it up - but we refused all tests as well, so trying to getting it closer to 20 weeks so that it's more accurate.
Mine is May 4, also, and I'm also going crazy waiting. Especially because it WAS originally scheduled for April 27, but I had to push it back a week due to DH getting laid off and his company immediately terminating our insurance without giving us a chance to get set up on cobra first. So my doctor's office told me to push it back to give time for cobra to go into effect.

My baby is a quiet baby so far, too. I've only been feeling little flutters and bumps for a week or so, and they are very few and far between, so I am very anxious for this ultrasound!

·
Registered
499 Posts
ME TOO! I am feeling some pretty big kicks already!

I want to know who is kicking me! Is this Baby Jude or Baby Clara!?!?

And I only have to wait 'till May 1st!

·
Registered
571 Posts
I'm anxious, too. I just want to know that everything is OK! I'm curious about the gender, but for me, it's all about finding out that the baby is alive and growing well. Hopefully.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The nurse at my OB's office called back...can't schedule me for any earlier on the 11th, and although I was SO tempted, I decided not to move the appt to the week before. We scheduled it for the 11th so I'm fully 20 weeks (will be almost 21) since we're looking for specific anatomical markers.

Now I have to figure out how to arrange for hubby to be there. My appt is at 8:45 and he has class 15-20 minutes away at 9:30
I think this is worth of missing class that day, but I don't even know what class it is!!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I have mine next Monday, but I am not sure if I want one now. I am very low risk and I just feel like it is a waste. Last time I had one all was fine amd then later on ds needed a level 2 ultrasound> I feel like if I had just skipped the first one he would have had less exposure. Arghh I have to make a decision soon.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I'm getting really antsy for mine as well. It's at 11:40 on May 7th-- one of my best friends' birthday and the day before my mom's birthday. I keep telling them that for their birthdays, I'm getting them an ultrasound... for me.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Mine is on Monday, the 27th... I don't know how I feel, really. I think it's a boy, and I'd be thrilled either way, but my parents have 7 grandkids, 6 of them boys, so I'm under a bit of pressure to make a girl baby, lol. My mom was like, "it's been 7 years since we had a girl, I'm buying pink!" (and she did). So, I have a stack of new girl's clothes and lots of performance anxiety, lol!

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Ours is Monday, too, and for the first time in 4 babies, I'm just not all that cranked up about gender. We already have 2 girls and a boy, so I figure this one is just icing on the cake (I really really wanted a boy- and I was over the freaking moon at DS's first ultrasound
) It will be easier, logistically, if we had another boy, because of the bedroom issue, but other than that, no preference at all.

Just hoping that all is well with the fetal echo and other stuff and I can relax and stop worrying so much about every little thing that "might" show up.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BekahMomToOliver View Post
My mom was like, "it's been 7 years since we had a girl, I'm buying pink!" (and she did). So, I have a stack of new girl's clothes and lots of performance anxiety, lol!
Oh, that's funny!!

My MIL made a comment about hoping this one is a girl, because she's "getting tired of buying boy clothes and really wants a change", which sounds fine and all, except that she HARDLY EVER buys the boys anything! And when she does, it's one or two items of clothing, and often something that is not exactly my taste

My mom, on the other hand, is a PRO at yardsales, thrift shops, sale racks, etc, and buys the boys lots of stuff. It's not always stuff I like, but when she never spends more than a dollar, it's okay with me! And sometiems she does pick some nice stuff
She bought me a tiny newborn-sized girl outfit not long after I found out I was pregnant, and told me that she hopes that it'll bring me good vibes for this pregnancy, which I thought was really sweet! It's hanging up on my wall right now, so I look up and see it all the time! Of course, if this baby is a boy, I'll have to take it down and replace it with some cute boy outfit instead!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm with you on this one. My ultrasound is May 7th! I'll be 20 weeks and I want to know what I'm having SOOOOO badly. I would hate to go earlier and not be able to tell for sure. So I'm waiting and waiting and waiting....

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Count me in as well. We cancelled the 2nd genetic screen ultrasound at 18 weeks, because we felt it wasnt necessary.

Now it's been a month since I heard the heartbeat, and I havent felt any movement. Our ultrasound is a day before our next appointment, so may 6th is d-day!

2boyzmama, that is such great idea to put up some baby clothes on the wall. Somedays I forget that I'm having a baby.
! That would remind me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.