Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our DS (13 months) is waking up dry in the morning. Last night he stayed dry ALL night, some nights he awakes because he has wet himself and wants to be changed. In the morning when he's dry I've tried to take him straight to the potty chair, but he fusses & cries because he wants to snuggle & hug me and in the end he doesn't go on the potty chair and later wets himself. This a.m. I decided to just let him have his morning hug time and while he was hugging me he went potty in his diaper. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
697 Posts
My dd was like that, she'd be dry at night and then I'd try to take her as soon as she woke up to the potty. She didn't like that, and wanted to bf first. I don't know that I can help you, because I just started letting her bf or snuggle for a little bit and then took her to the potty and we'd both go. I also tend to take the diaper off, so if she started peeing, I'd run her to the potty. So she got used to the idea that she'd be taken to the bathroom, but there was no pressure to go right away(other than the one on my own bladder!) Sometimes she still sits for a few minutes before she goes, sometimes it's right away.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have similar issues. DD (5 months) will fuss and start twisting at around 4AM because she needs to pee. But putting her on the potty makes her cry. I just try to do it as quickly as possible and get her back in the bed right away. She's usually more cheery about it in the AM. She really likes sitting on her potty in the AM with her toys and stuff.

·
Registered
220 Posts
my dd wakes up at night (twice) at midnight and 5am we would put her on BBLP and bf while she sits there.. it helps her comfort while pee and stay half asleep without waking up and crying upset

she'll stay dry if she gets a trip to BBLP at night. BUt if I skip the BBLP and bf her back to sleep she'll be wet in the morning. She sleeps for over 13hrs with three nursing sessions through the night.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I try to make sitting on the potty as appealing/fun as possible. We have a little basket of toys and books next to the potty (my 19mo DS loves books) so we read on the potty. I have also resorted to BF him on the potty. I kind of squat in front of him and he leans against me. This is never a long BF session, but something to occupy him for a moment while he's sitting there and feeling little "i just woke up" crabby.

But, despite all this, we miss a lot more pees than we did when he was younger. But oh well! Things like hugs are more important that peeing on the potty anyway!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts