Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When DD was younger, she would cry upon waking if it wasn't morning yet. She still does on occasion, but she's waking more and more during the night completely happy. Normally I wouldn't consider this a problem, but I don't always wake up now when she does...<br><br>
Last night she woke up, climbed out of bed, used her potty as a stepping stool to get on the kitchen counter, opened up the cabinets and ate a bar of chocolate. I didn't wake up until I heard some canned vegetables falling on the floor. DH didn't wake up until she was crying that I put her back on the floor and moved her potty back to where it belongs.<br><br>
What do I do to wake up when she does, now that she's waking up quietly? She is 22 months and we cosleep.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Do you have a bedroom door you can shut so she cannot get out of the bedroom? Something tells me you do not have this or you would have already thought to do it. Can you rig up bells someplace that she would pass by and ring that might wake you? Good luck!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She knows how to unlock the door. Thankfully she can only unlock the doors inside, and not the doors leading outside. Bells on the door might work though...thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
357 Posts
A childproof doorknob cover so she can't turn the knob, or a hllway gate to keep her from going too far would be good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts