Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Q. How many anthroposophists does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A. I don't know. Steiner never gave an indication.

Q. How many Waldorf teachers does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A. Seven: One to read the verse, one to light the candle, one to sound the chime, one to compose the request to the administrator, two to review the request to the administrator, and one to lead the closing song.

Q. How many Waldorf kindergarteners does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A. None. That doesn't enter the curriculum until the higher grades.

Q. How many Waldorf parents does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A. Two: One to consult with the teacher to decide that natural lighting would be more beneficial to the child and one to screw the darn thing in anyway.

Q. How many Waldorf school board members does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A. Three: One to phone the members not present at the meeting to ensure a consensus, one to find a volunteer, and one to follow up.

Q. How many Waldorf school graduates does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A. One.

·
Premium Member
34,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Somewhere online, I forget.
And I know they are more Waldorf school than homeschool, but shhh! I didn't want them moved!

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Aw, come on, you could make up one for homeschooling. Something about how many DAYS it takes a Waldorf homeschooling parent to screw in a lightbulb, given that you have to research the available options, find the correct verses, order books from the Steiner library, have a phone consultation with an expert, buy supplies from a Waldorf supplier, write a personalized fairy tale about it, figure out how to work through the inner message of the lightbulb change in various artistic media, etc. (or get it done immediately by purchasing a pre-packaged lightbulb change, but then have to put up with the naysayers who claim that it isn't "true" waldorf since you didn't work through the process yourself).

·
Premium Member
34,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You go, Queen Gwen- I'm up to my ears in getting this curriculum finished!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts