Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need fleece for pocket diapers and I've called every fabric store on this island. No one has microfleece. Walmart has a thinner fleece that's not like the thick stuff you make blankets from. It's labelled "Assorted Fleece". Anyone know what this is or if I should try it?

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Is there a Joann fabrics on the island? I love their micro. You know what micro feels like right?
Does it feel micro like? I guess you could get a 1/4 yard and cut a liner and try it out in one of Nathans diapers. I really don't know how to tell micro from regular poor quality thin fleece.

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have poor quality fleece in a diaper I bought from a WAHM a year ago but it took a couple months to figure out it's quality issues. I do have micro on plenty of things so I know what micro feels like but I'm still unsure. These are for someone else and I hate gambling! I did pm a WAHM here in the island to see if I can buy some off her for the moment (these are for the Christmas drive).

Oh and there is no JoAnn's.. how I wish there was! This island has only a few fabric stores and every single one had to put me on hold and have someone who spoke english better get on the phone to tell me that they had fleece but no microfleece.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
What about suedecloth? There is a brand called Alova I have seen in a few different stores. Also, when I have looked for microfleece in stores the employees didn't know what I meant, they called it pajama fleece or something like that and stocked it with the flannel.

I think the wahm is your best bet though.

·
Registered
976 Posts
If you're using the fleece for a stay-dry liner, the cheap wal-mart stuff will do this. I did this with DD's dipes (actually made a "pillowcase" for the doublers for nighttime) and it was fine.

Microfleece is a thin, tightly woven fleece made from microfibers, the same thickness as 100 wt fleece but denser. Warmth-wise, microfleece is on par with the thick 200 wt. fleece for warmth. 100 wt. fleece is not warm but is thin like microfleece. The ladies at the Malden Mills store can tell immediately but it takes me comparing and checking labels to know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.