Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
Ooh, purty!! I have some dyes but have only used them once, under the tutelage of a very experienced mama who now lives 3000 miles away!

So what did you use? They look great!

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just some stuff I found in the craft section at Wal Mart. Dylon. It was very easy to use. I just followed the directions, and used some rubber bands to make the designs.

Here's a pic of dd.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
That is so sweet! I can't wait to do mine, I'm going with rainbow colors, since we don't know the sex. Do you like using prefolds? I'm trying to build up my stash(i'm a 1st timer.) I was going to get 5 or so, nb fitted and a bunch of regular sized prefolds for the begining. I figure we make small babies(we are 5'4 and 5'9, and I shoveled in protein like a nobody's business last time and still only got a 7.5 pounder) so I should get use out of the smaller stuff. I'm a little fuzzier as to where to go after that. There is just so much info out there!

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some advice since I've now done 18 pf's: use those thick rubber bands to make designs and then don't remove the rubber bands til after you've rinsed them pretty well. I did some light blue ones that don't look so good that I might re-dye using dark blue.

I think the primary colors come out better than the other colors.

I didn't cd when dd was a nb, and I've only ever used pockets, Fuzzi Bunz. I love them, but they're really expensive for building a newborn stash. I have 3 small Happy Heiney's. I'm really hoping that I love using pf's!

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
cool.... its on my eventual to-do list, lol. i cant wait. and im planning on mostly prefolds, so i have lots to play with (1dz preemie, 3dz infant, and 2dz premium)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.