Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I just decided to switch insurance carriers for me so we could have have our next child at a birth center. I live in Southern California and can choose any co. I want since I have no preexsisting conditionds and am not pregnant yet (we are going to start trying in Feb.) so I have to do this quick. My husband works for a small church so they pay our premiums for private insurance, not group insurance. But I also have to keep the premiums low because they can't afford to pay much but I thought that PPO premiums would probably be lower then my current Kaiser premiums. So any suggestions on the best company to go with and we will help me to have the least amount of out of pocket expenses?

Thanks everyone! I'm so excited I might actually get the birth experience I want!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Best Start Birth Center is in the San Diego Area and has a wonderful reputation and great midwifes.The Encinitas area has Ama Mama which is a great holistic center.There is one in ORange COunty that is great but i will have to look up the site.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thaks for the tips. i live in corona (which is near Riverside) and i think i will go to the one in Irvine. I heared there are more in Orange county, but i'm not sure where. Is 30min too far for me to drive for prenatal? I will call them on Monday, thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.