Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some money, and I need some diapers

I really don't know much about all the different brands and styles really. But I'll give you a quick run down of what I've tried so you can help me pick out what I might like.

Here's what I've liked:
Lucy's Hope Chest AIO's size Large
Simply Cloth AIO size Large or XL
Cuddlebuns fitteds with snap in liner (I got these pretty cheap used and they are easily my favorite dipes- I wish I could find more for the same price)
Stacinator fleece cover (my only cover actually) but it is a medium. I love how it fits everywhere, but it is to tight in the thighs. I think if I go to a Large it will be to big everywhere else.

Here's what I've not liked:
phunkymama felted wool cover (not by the diaper design, the wool just really aggravated my DD's thighs and tum and was to tight on the thighs)
loads of "topped and turnstitched" covers and AIO's
pockets
Sugarpeas fitted- seemed to have extra room/bulk around the waist/upper areas and not enough where it was needed.
Little Lambs- rise was to short, ran small, to "square"

Here is what I'd like to explore:
Some type of fleece cover like the stacinator that will be kinder to her thighs- is there such a thing as a serged fleece cover? How about embroidery- anyone embroider fleece? I've tried a fleece cover before that made my leg where she was sitting damp- this one didn't though. What do I need to look for to make sure I get a type of fleece that doesn't feel damp like that?

cuddlebun like fitteds- fleece topped. What brands fit similar to cuddlebuns? Any less expensive options?

Anything else you think I should check out based on my "reviews" above?

The money is just burning a hole in my pocket here

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I like the baby softwraps fleece cover/pocket. It is a cover but can be used as a pocket and it is very gentle on the legs because it has some sort of "fleece pillow" around the elastic, and it is serged, except where the "pillow" is.

I also love the My Precious Baby By April fleece AIO/cover i just got. It has that pillow thing too, it is super nice.

(excuse my use of the word pillow, i cant think of a better way to describe it, LOL)

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just went to their site and I totally know what you mean by "pillows" They look pretty cozy.

does anyone know the difference between polar fleece and micro fleece?

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahhh... so I'm assuming whatever one I tried first was a micro and the stacinator is the polar? Now I know- that was driving me nuts when I was looking. Thank you so much!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.