Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
What a cutie!

We're just starting partial-EC with my four-month-old. I didn't think I'd be able to do it since I work, but... Nana started watching her during naps. When she is wiggling, just beginning to wake up, and still dry, she held the baby over the sink. Lo, she peed! That was Tuesday. The next day we bought a BBLP, and this morning (Friday) I watched for the wiggle and caught three pees before we got out of bed!

Try watching him for the waking-up wiggle. Maybe the same starting point will work for you.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
my little baby does the 'wake up wiggle' too......I probably just missed him after the nap he just had!! We're also just now making the switch to cloth so I KNOW when he goes. I'll keep that in mind......what's a bblp?

·
Registered
101 Posts
My husband and I are thinking of (well, now planning on) trying EC. We both work full time, so it could never be an exclusive diaper-free thing, but we think it might be a great step to helping him learn about toilets at an early age, and if we're lucky he'll potty train sooner than average. I just wanted to post to say that it's so encouraging to see that once you start trying, the recognition (on my end and the baby's) can come pretty fast. It's so exciting to imagine a barely walking baby that wants to use the potty sometimes. I would so love that.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
When you think he might have to go, just put him on the potty and talk to him about it in a happy, cheerful, non-judgemental way.

I'm serious, that's all you have to do. From that starting place, all the rest will follow.

--AmyB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts