Mothering Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I cannot believe there isn't a WBW thread 2016 yet!! I am back here, wanting to be pregnant again. This will be my 5th child. I cannot believe it myself, but DH and I have talked and talked and we both (!!!) want another child. Oh, I can just imagine it. And biologically I cannot wait. It is SO hard. I still have a young one (15 mo) and want to wait until August wen she is 19 mo and better able to cope with my milk drying up, I will still nurse her, but won't be much there.

What about you? Please join me!! Waiting is SUPER hard for me. I have never been able to wait as long as I plan to.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'll join again. My little will be turning one in about a week. My DH is on board with one more and I'm determined to have a fall baby so we will start trying around the new year. Before our next baby I would really love to get into a house and we have to get a larger car.

Nice to "see" you again writermama

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi katydid! Well, unfortunately, after I wrote this post, my DH told me he would certainly LOVEANOTHER CHILD, but doesn t necessarily want to do it again. I was pretty surprised as a lot of his comments lately led me to believe he was on the same page as me. Really, he was talking a lot about it to process and try it out as an idea, but he is ready to move on into the next stage rather than prolongling the baby making stage. He said lets wait and reevaluate in August, when I was hoping to begin TTC.

I must admit that makes me sad, but I totally get it, and have been doing a lot of reflecting to see how I feel about calling it quits while we are happy and handling life well. I am not sure how I feel yet. I have a lot of personal goals I have put on hold for a long time to build my family. I would love to keep trucking on my novel and begin publishing and maybe even get anoter masters degree! But that ache for another baby is still real. So we shall see!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Oh man that is hard. After every baby my DH is more ready to be done. I have my heart set on five but it took a lot of convenceing for my DH to agree to one more making four. It's all I ever wanted to do (having and and raising kids), I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around our next baby will be our last. At times I get a glimps of the things we can do once we get out of the baby stage but then I see a newborn and I don't care anymore. I don't think I'll ever feel done.

What is your novel about? What degree are you thinking of?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I seriously don't know if I'll ever feel done either! People say that one will but what if I just don't? It is SUPER hard not get pg already. hahaha. My novel is a YA with a female heroine. I have a MA in writing workshop facilitation, but would love an MFA to get really good at writing.

Babies, babies...At this point, with a 15mo, I still feel like she is a big baby. I am missing and yearning for pregnancy. I know in another year, I will be pining for a newborn. I wish my hormones would disappear sometimes so that I could move on to the next phase and not want to keep having more children. Ahhhhhh, it is hard to be a woman.

·
Registered
315 Posts
So we will probably be waiting longer then I had planned. DH and I were talking last night and we decided that it would be really hard to have four kids in our little two bedroom apartment. We can't move until we get out of debt. So the current plan is for me to find a part time job, really work on eliminating our debts and after we move we can have another baby. Its going to be really hard waiting for two+ years, but my DH did agree that if we wait, we can have two more kids, letting me have my five kids that I always wanted :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wish I can jump on board, but hubby wants none of it. So I am sadly lurking around and wish he would feel the broodiness oneday as well. I did hint a few times, but he doesn't want to.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm so sorry shadowlove. It's so hard to be on opposite sides of future plans with a spouse. There is no real compromise available, someone has to give and no one wants it to be them. Right now my DH and I are in a similar position about a change of career, he wants to make a huge move and I am happy with where we're at. So far it's been a lot of arguments and frustration on both our parts. We'll work something out eventually but until then it will be a lot of talking and backing off to digest the others point of view. I hope your hubby is at least open to discussing your desires for a baby.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have baby fever big time! I have two kids from my first marriage (8 and 5) and have been with my husband for two years now... I agreed to wait until I finished school to try for a baby.. I have a year left but it is so hard! I find myself looking at baby stuff on Amazon.. My sis had her first baby in February and is going to try to conceive again soon- I would love to have a baby the same time as her...

But... Our financial situation isn't good.. My hub is the only one working. I want to lose weight before ttc too.. So I have begun exercising and honestly the thought of having a baby is what keeps my motivated.

I need to figure out for sure when I will be done with school and we will start trying 9 months before that.. It took 11 months to conceive my first and longer for my second.. I guess around 14-15 months.. Hence why I want to start sooner rather than later!

It is so hard to wait :(

·
Registered
286 Posts
I am (again) wanting and waiting. DH and I have decided to wait until March-May of 2017.

My LO is 10 months and I haven't had a PPAF and I don't want to get pregnant until 2017. But I am so excited about it that sometimes I really need to talk about it. I sometimes miss being pregnant. I want to have a big family (so does DH). So I get overly excited. I am so into my kids (3yr old DD1 and 10mo DD2). I am a SAHM. My tot keeps me busy and is so perfect and my LO is a dream who never ceases to amaze. I just adore them both so I am very happy to enjoy them in the interim. But I do look forward to being a mom for the third time around.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I'd love another! My youngest is 5 now and I managed to avoid baby fever until recently but now I have it BAD! I want another. Not even just one more but just ... more babies. I've always wanted a big family but felt okay stopping at 3 at least for while and now I'm ready for more. DH is pretty against it but he did open up and discuss it some. We agreed to wait to talk about it but I'm really excited now that maybe, just maybe, we'll have more. So now I'm working on a list of things I want to plan, change and do before getting pregnant again so I have something to entertain me during the waiting phase. :love

1 - 11 of 11 Posts