Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ladies....i have 2 girls and both had used disposable diapers. we were always crispy, but now were going crunchy all the way! :LOL we want to live more simple-y and definetly more frugally. my oldest is now in regular panties, but my 1yr old still wear diapers and i would like to change from disposables
: to cd's. i just don't even know where to start or even what to look for. we're pretty much homebodies, but need something a little more convenient for errands and such....i think that flats might be to hard
but i'd like to maybe try. the pf's all look so adorable w/ their designs and such. how do you keep cloth diapers from leaking/soaking thru? i know some of these questions may be seem so simple but the only thing i know of cloth diapers is when i was 4 and my mom used them on my lil bro. i just remember flats and pins and it seems so difficult to me...just seeking some answers to make my transition easier

thanks in advance

· Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks sooo much ladies!!
i've done some websurfing and it looks like the prefolds would be my best bet! so how many should i start with. carson weighs about 19lbs and is a year old. she really only goes thru 5-6 diapers a day. plus i'd like a few aio's for "going out on the town"
i've seen the snappies on a few websites and i've heard there's different ways of folding the diapers? im such a newbie!
and whats the word on the diaper showers? a must? i'd much prefer to spray it clean then to have to dunk and rinse
thanks go much gals...its been eye-opening to see how many options there are in cd'ing!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.